Guest Post by Arif Rashid
Using hashtags for your business can bring you many benefits. Read this blog to know how you can use the hashtags in various ways to promote your business.
Use Hashtags to Promote Your Brand
#tbt, #photooftheday, #instagood, are some of the hashtags that you see every day on social media. But, have you been thinking that the hashtags can only be used for personal posts and not for your business? From top fashion designing brands to the top technology companies, everybody uses hashtags to get more customer engagement and to promote their brand. If you are not doing it, you are probably missing out on a number of potential customers.
A key rule of marketing is to understand the mindset of the target audience and to use what works for them while promoting a business. The hashtag is a trend that is widely used by everybody. Hence, incorporating it in your marketing and promotional campaigns can give you a big leap.
Hashtags have gained popularity as a very effective way of communication and finding relevant content through social media. Here are some stats about hashtags:
- Hashtag containing tweets have 55% more chance of getting retweeted compared to the ones that don’t contain it.
- Over 50% users are likely to share hashtags often if they get discounts for utilising the hashtags.
- On Instagram, 7 of 10 hashtags are branded.
- Like Twittter, on Instagram too, the use of hashtag can get 6% more engagement compared to the posts that do not contain it.
Hashtags can also be used to draw positive or negative emotion from the audience about the company. Thus, with the correct use of the right hashtags, you can even build a good image of your brand.
Hashtags are the most trending thing now. These are important for your business because it helps in enhancing the social media engagement with the users who are new. With the help of hashtags, you can raise the online presence of your brand and also draw in new customers. They can assist users to find your page as hashtags help in making filtering and detecting related content. Thus, you will be able to get more potential customers to your profile or account.
How can you use hashtags for promoting your brand?
- Create your own hashtag- You can promote your brand or business by creating your very own unique hashtag. But, you will have to make it popular, so that it can reach out to as many people as possible. To do that, you can create strategies to make your followers share or include the newly created hashtag in their posts. For example, if you run an academic writing company, like MyAssignmentHelp is running. They created their own brand hashtags for their product and services.
- Brand hashtags- These are the kind of hashtags that you specifically make for your brand. It can contain your brand name or a tagline. It is something that will define your brand and people can identify your business. You have to create your brand hashtag which will be central to your business. It must be something that can be easily be spelt and remembered. Before you decide on the hashtag, you should do research to know which types of hashtags are being used by the other companies in your industry. With this hashtag, your customers can use it in different social media sites to mention your brand. For example, a very popular hashtag used by KitKat is #HaveABreak. This hashtag lets the consumers use this hashtag whenever they engage with others in the same community, and also with their own images. This shows that KitKat has many authentic consumers who have actually bought and enjoyed their product.
- Campaign hashtags- Another way to use hashtags for promoting a brand is by creating hashtags for special campaigns. You can use different hashtags for various marketing campaigns. In order to create this, you need to use the name of your campaign as the hashtag. These hashtags are used for short-term promotions. A great example is #WeAccept, which was created by Airbnb. This helped them to show the universal nature of the company, and that the brand supports such an important ethical issue. With the use of this hashtag, they created a positive sentiment among their customers about the company.
- Contest hashtags- Holding a contest is a great way to engage consumers. And using hashtags can make it more effective. Ask the users to use the hashtag to enter the contest or use some other strategy to make it popular. This way, people will be motivated to use and share your hashtag and your brand will also reach out to many people. Some popular and common hashtags that are used in contests are as follows: #contests, #giveaways, #winitwednesday, #contestalert etc.
- Hashtags that are trending- A great way to promote your brand is to use the trending hashtags. If you can use these hashtags strategically, your brand can actually reach out to those people who are not your followers. You should only use those trending hashtags which are relevant to your business. However, it is recommended not to use too many hashtags that are not related to your brand. It might get a negative effect on the followers, or your Twitter account can even get blocked. Some of the trending hashtags of the moment are: #love, #instadaily, #B2B, #business, #tutorial, #DIY, #followforfollow, etc.
- Local hashtag- By using the name of a location, along with a hashtag, you can reach out to the people of a specific location. This way, you can target a particular community or the consumers in a locality. This type of hashtag is very effective for local businesses, as they can get a lot of exposure through this. Consumers who are looking for a local service will use these hashtags. Thus, if you use these hashtags, you can easily get these consumers on your page. You should create interesting content by using these hashtags, to make your posts get more relevant searches. An example is: #London #Liverpool #Leeds
- Activity or Holidays hashtags- These are the types of hashtags that most people use. An excellent way to promote your brand is to include a holiday hashtag, specifically during the holiday season. Activity hashtags can be used when you are making a post which involves some activity.
As you can see, there are many ways by which you can promote your brand by using hashtags. The key is to use the correct hashtags for your business and creating the perfect strategy. By doing this, you can soon reach out to the maximum number of consumers.
Being a versed blogger, Arif Rashid has found the inspiration in the generation of millennial while creativity connects to your writing. He tries to discover new trends in the world on technological aspects. Love to write blogs endlessly and enlightening others. He develop the skills and mindset to navigate constant change and build resilience. Presently he is part time writer at assignment help firm.