Social traffic especially that of Instagram which has a fan base of nearly one billion, plays a significant role in enhancement in organic traffic count for any site. Especially in the fashion industry, which is all about people, passion, and product, Instagram traffic plays a major role in increasing traffic count.
However, to make it work for your site in the way just as it should be, you will actually need to ensure two specific things such as:
- You will need to increase the number of visitors to your site and
- You will also need to make sure that they are converted successfully into your prospective clients.
Here comes the important part to take note of. If you are already seeing an increase in the number of visitors, referred from the social media networks to your fashion site that may not necessarily equate to a lot of conversions. On the contrary, you can get a minimal conversion and a high bounce rate for your site.
Individual SEO experts and agencies like Gramista advice that in this situation leads to one specific question: are you sending those visitors to the most suitable page possible? In most of the cases, the answer will be a big ‘no.’
It will then lead to the second question: what you really need to do to ensure that your site, as well as your promotional efforts, pays high returns. Well, to understand it, you will need to start right from the basics and refer to some practical and hypothetical situations.
Few important things to note
Assume that you have designed a football shirt and want to promote it by making an offer which the users can find in your fashion site. For that, you will need to reach out to more and more people so that they can know about the special offer that you are making,
With that in mind, it will not prove to be fruitful if you direct the people to the home page of your website.
- It is likely that a few people will then take a look at the other pages and may find the offer on a specific page.
- It is also likely, and more likely than the above, that a majority of the visitors will do the same. They will, in fact, leave your site finding nothing good enough that will raise their interest to make a purchase.
By this way, you lose the two most important things that are required by any business to survive. These are:
- You lose on a major chunk of your Instagram followers and others for other social networks affecting your web traffic count negatively and
- You lose on the large opportunity to make a sale and increase your business revenue.
The most important thing to note here is that you should direct the people to the right page at the first instant. This is because people will not spend a lot of time to look for the offer that may be hidden in some other page than the home page.
Therefore, you will need to make sure that the landing page is the one that contains your offer on the football shirt. This will ensure that you grab their attention within a couple of seconds of a time window that the visitors will offer to you before they move on to some other site, in most cases, that of your competitors.
Incorporating the hashtags
You should focus on the best ways to format and incorporate Instagram hashtags in your content to get the best results, engagement, and traffic.
For this first and foremost make sure that your hashtag usage does not look like spam. Rather, it should look more natural in your caption. Ideally, you must use 2.5 hashtags per post like most businesses do and try to use one to four hashtags only. This will prevent overwhelming your audience and make it hard for them to read your captions.
Make sure it blends naturally into your caption. Tack the hashtags in the end or in the first comment. It will work the same way regardless of where it is placed.
Other significant reasons
Plenty of times there are other significant reasons seen for the low rate of conversion of traffic to your fashion site such as:
- There can be an error with the URL selection
- There can be a flaw with the URL shortening service or
- The page shows up a 404 error simply because the name was changed recently.
In order to make sure that you offer the visitors exactly what they want and provide them with an exceptional experience, you will need to make sure that these flaws are eliminated. You can do this by reducing the number of clicks it takes for any visitor to go from the landing page to be a paying customer.
That means the quicker the customer journey is, more efficient and effective it will be to convert them into a buying customer.
Monitoring social traffic and conversion
In order to increase the traffic to your fashion site and the rate of conversion so that you can increase the sale prospects of your fashion product, you will need to monitor both your traffic and conversion in real-time. For this, you will have to:
- Establish some benchmark first
- Develop a process for monitoring these around the benchmark and
- Take into account and analyze properly all available KPIs from all other social networks and not just only Instagram.
It is your social media Dashboards that are then the most crucial element in this regard.
Make sure you are seen
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you must make sure that you are seen and no one, existing or a new visitor misses any offers made by you. The best way to ensure that is to share your content more than once.
However, if you want to do it just like the way it should be, there are some typical ground rules that you must follow. These are:
- Consider all social followers instead of relying on your Instagram followers only
- Make your social feed for them and not for you
- Do not be a spammer when you repost a content
- Create and follow a smart posting schedule to reach to the right audience at the right time and
- Not make your content a cluttered one.
You should look at your visitors from your point of view and consider your own habits, how you intend to use social media and what is a “spam line” to you that you never cross it. In short, you should not do anything that you do not like, because your visitors will not like it either.
These are the basic rules that will not only increase the traffic to your fashion site but will also increase the conversion rate, making more visitors a loyal customer.
Pete Campbell is a social media manager and has immense knowledge about email marketing and Instagram promotion. He delights his clients at Gramista by helping them buy real Instagram likes. He loves to travel, write and play baseball